your next adventure awaits
Gili Trawangan has some of the most exciting tech diving sites in the region, most of which are deep walls with a great variety of sharks, rays and other large pelagics. We have recently found several new dive sites including Linda's reef which is home to a nice population of Grey Reef Sharks. We continue to explore the local waters looking to find more sites for tech divers to enjoy. Whether you want to explore the diverse marine life, challenge yourself and build experience at depth, enjoy the serenity of the beautiful topography around the gilis or to practice some photography, we are here to help. There is a variety of good tech sites around the gilis. These range from deeper sections of recreational sites in the 20-40m range and deeper tech only sites (mainly walls) ranging from 35-100m+.
Guided tech dives are available to all leveles of certified open and closed circuit divers with optional use of DPVs if qualified.
The dive center has manifolded twins, dedicated sidemount tanks, 3L steel and Alu CCR tanks (inline and normal) as well as full rental gear packages. For all deeper guided dives an initial check dive in full gear to a max of 45m will be conducted. In case a diver has not done a tech dive recently we are happy to offer Tech Update dives including a brush up on the latest developments in theory, planning, equipment set-up and skills.
At Manta Tech your next adventure is just around the corner!
popular dive sites
WRECK: 24-28M DEPTH
DEEP RIDGES: 30-55M
WHITE TIP REEF SHARKS
BLACK TIP REEF SHARKS
Manta Tech is well equiped to suit any type of technical diver. This means that we can equip those who choose not to bring their own equipment. We have the following gear available:
Harness and Wing: Scubaforce Blade & Xdeep Stealth 2.0.
Regs: Scubaforce Sidemount regs, ScubaPro MK25 + S600
• Scubaforce Black Devil wing with Alu or Steel backplate & Tech harness.
• ScubaPro MK25 + S600
• Rebreather: SF2 eCCR & JJ CCR
• DPV: 2x SUEX XJ37 & 1x SUEX XJ14
• Additional stage regulators and rigging: ScubaPro MK2 + R095
• Computers: Shearwater Petrel, Shearwater Perdix
O2 @ 300 IDR per litre (charged on consumption)
HE @ 3000 IDR per litre (charged on consumption)
Sofnolime 797 grade. 1.0mm to 2.5mm diving grade @ 210,000 IDR per kilo.
• All guided technical dives require proof of certification up to that level and insurance.
• All gas mixes MUST be analysed, correctly labeled for MOD and content, and signed and dated by the user. Fill station log must be completed.
• For all trimix dives (OC & CCR) the maximum END is: 40m/100ft.
• All dive plans must be approved by your designated guide.
• We welcome dive planning with software & algorithm of your choice, so long as decompression and gas plans are conservative. We typically plan dives using Buhlmann ZHL-16C on Multideco dive planner.
OPEN CIRCUIT (OC)
• All OC guided tech dives must be conducted with a redundant bottom gas system i.e. manifolded twinsets or sidemount.
• Maximum OC PO2: 1.4 for bottom gasses, 1.5 for travel gasses and 1.6 for decompression gasses
• Minimum of one technical dive computer and one backup depth & timing device must be carried on the dive.
CLOSED CIRCUIT (CCR)
• All guided CCR dives require certification for specific unit to the desired depth.
• Maximum CCR setpoint: 1.3.
• Maximum Dil PO2: 1.2.
• Manufacturer guidelines must be followed regarding scrubber duration.